- Rachael Marie Shaffer, RMT
💕Calling in the One: Day 40
Interesting lesson today in our Calling in the One Journey about remaining curious and inquisitive, instead of feeling that we have all the answers (or need them for that matter). The exercise was to pick something that "disturbs or baffles you", such as being alone in life, and write out three questions around the situation. Example questions could be,
"In what ways does it work for me to be alone in life?"
"What am I avoiding by being alone:"
"What can I learn from this that will help me create more connection with others and open up to more love?"
We were also meant to do a walking meditation, and for everything we encounter state, "I do not know the nature of _____." Fill in the blank with tree, carpet, caterpillar, book, hummingbird, road, car, house... just everything we encounter. I found this a little silly, but did it anyway. Don't think I quite understood the point.
Dr. Scott Peck's 4 Stages of Spiritual Development were also discussed in this chapter, which I thought were very interesting and applicable.
1. "Chaos/ Antisocial" - Loving others merely for what they can do for us.
2. "Formal/ Institutional" -- Everything is about the rules. Right vs. Wrong.
3. "Skeptic/ Individual" -- Seeking truth actively. More spiritual, not religious.
4. Mystery/ Fascination with the interdependence of all things. Accepting the vastness of the unknown in wonder!
Thomas explains each of these a bit more in depth. Grab a copy of Calling in the One by Katherine Woodward Thomas if you haven't yet and go back to my post for Day 1 to do the journey with me! Only 9 more days to go!!!
What did you gain from this chapter? Comment below!
If you'd rather share in private, don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warmest Wishes, Rachael